Saturday, June 7, 2008

WEEKENDS

Weekends (Poem)

I hate most to be at home
Four children
Waking me up at 7:15 am
Saturday and Sunday morning
Me in my bed sleeping like a little baby
While I’m getting my beauty rest
I hear
Jumping
Yelling
And playing around
Like its 3:00 in the afternoon
I say / Shut up
It’s too early for all dat noise
They get mad
Run to their mommies
But yet they still come
Jump on me after
I told them not to
I say to myself / Damn
That is sooooo irritating and they’re annoying
My brother wonders
Why i leave on the weekends
Only because I need my rest
During the week
I’m really busy with school
I’m actually doing well
My family is very proud of me
Don’t get me wrong
I love my nephews
I adore them
All I ask is
Can auntie get some sleep
PLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE

Leach Cole

Weekends (Comment)

This is a poem written by Leach Cole in which he expresses the necessity of rest and relax he has after a long week of work and study. Truly, on weekends you just want to get up very very late without any annoying situation around, like for example children (as he mention in the poem) yelling, running or playing very noisily around you. Nevertheless, these children seem to be near him making him feel very irritate. Today children seldom pay attention to the adults, more when they feel support on their parents. Parents seldom recognize when their children are doing wrong, and this is not good for an appropriate education. All this makes anybody want to be out during weekends. However, in spite of all the uncomfortable events the author concludes accepting that all this, in a normal home can happen, one always loves the family. Never mind if they are not our children, our nephews and nieces. Well, they can keep playing, take all the time they can because, it will come the time they won’t be able to spare time almost only for having fun. Anyways, when I am at home on Saturday and on Sundays I only want to hear the sound of silence. Pleeeeaaaasssss!!!
Ubaldo Gandica

No comments: